Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

What a fun day! We had a quiet peaceful morning and the kids didn't wake us up until 8:00 a.m. We also got to talk to our missionary. Each person only got 4 minutes each though, so that was a bit of a downer. She sounds great and eager to work.
But, the weather outside is frightful (that would make a great song) and when we did venture out with a carload full of all of us to head to see Larry's mom, we only got a couple of miles away before we decided that wasn't a good idea and we turned around and headed back home. Suddenly we were in the church parking lot doing donuts in the snow. Don't know how that happened, but we think we may have started a new Christmas tradition. Upon arriving home there was a warzone in the front yard as an impromptu snowball fight ensued. We'll never know which side fired the first shot, but I thought I heard someone say, "Don't stop shooting till you see that white's covering their eyes." Isn't that a famous quote from another war?
In my position on the sidelines where I wore my press pass, I could swear Tony started the war and for some reason it became everyone against him. Unfortunately Maddisyn was in the firing line and Tony used her as a human shield. But Larry took the challenge and lobbed a shot over Maddisyn and got Tony in the ear. My hero!
At that point even the press were in danger so I retreated into the safe zone and shut the door. A perfect end to a beautiful day. I sure love my family. Heavenly Father certainly was smart to put us in families.

No comments: